
Should one choose a psyche ward over ECT(electro shock) when one is anti-depressant resistant and all other meds fail and you do not have insurance. What do you do? I have to look in to ACCHS.
Those psyche wards are scary places, the private ones use anti-depressants and anti-psychotic drugs as a first line treatment, both which have not worked at home.
I've been doing research on ECT --it's also expensive and it alone is not the answer. It is supposed to be used in conjunction with other medication. but I've heard it has good results. But it seems drastic -- but if he is not responding to meds or they make him worse -- he can't keep going like this -- god, I can't either for that matter.
He has never suffered from any mental disorder before. He basically has had a nervous breakdown that is getting worse the more medications we try. His best month was the one that was holistic, but I'm afraid that bridge has been burned now. He is too unstable now to go back to that route.
I've been told the ambien he was on for two weeks has nothing to do with anything, yet he was taking two and a mood stabilizer when this all went worse. Then the Seraquol. It's been 6 months since the initial onset of depression. I've looked online and you can get decent info. The exchanges go from this is the best drug and this is the worst. Every body is different I realize this.
I shut down the business -- a hard thing yesterday was looking into our last and loyal employees and saying it was the end. We have no income, though can apply for unemployment.
Just when I thought I was getting used to the rolls, it got worse last night -- waaay worse. This is not for home care anymore --I don't think.
Friday, August 7, 2009
Strength and Fear
blessings, I'm wish I could get back to reading everyone. Just not there yet. I used to read stuff of people talking about the bad in their lives and think that was all that they were made of, and some do live for drama -- I don't. Just miss a regular schedule instead of this quicksand or never knowing what is going to happen next. Though preferring one thing and getting another is not reason for not being thankful for the small things and I am. It's actually amazing how the small becomes more vivid in acute crisis. Weird how the world looks, bright smiling faces -- it's surreal sometimes. Like I'm living in one world an everyone else is living next to me, but I'm invisible.
Posted by
Cynthia
at
10:00 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





8 comments:
Lots of love sent your way. I'm just getting caught up on everything that's going on. I can't imagine. You're made of strong stuff. xoxox
Oh, honey! Hugs! Lots and lots of hugs! Sending love your way. You're so strong. I wish we lived nearer eachother so I could give you a person-to-person hug. <3
Hello, Cynthia!
Being invisible has it's good and it's bad sides. You were not a visual presentation to me until I clicked on some unknown person who had recently linked me up. And now I see you by the sea. Wah-lah! You've been framed.
I'm not sure how you found me, or why you did that, but who cares? It's Friday. Nice to meet you.
Whazzup?
I'm glad you posted this and hope it helps you to spill this little bit. I can't find the words to express how my heart aches for you. May your strength be ample and faith replace fear.
Dear Cynthia,
my husband also suffers from depression so as a partner of someone who is suffering and feeling unstable it is hard, it feels like you want to pull them out of that quick sand. When my husband was unwell it was hard to know which way to go, you kind of go in blind and try different meds and hope for the best.
The best advice I got was no matter what is happening keep your life on track, keep to your routine and things as stable as possible, mind you I have two young kids so I kind of have to keep things as norm as possible, but even before kids I tried to keep things as steady as.
I wish you and your husband a safe and sound recovery, love and hugs Angie ox.
cynthia, I regret I have not been online much and did not see this post til yesterday and today to read....now I wish but anyway...
my daughter is this way, drug resistant, hell, nothing works for her over the long haul[nor me for that matter] and i am knocking wood because so far, abilify...we have been down the ect road but chose not now, not ever as she and I do not want to chance the changes that can occur, however, let's be clear, that in a worst case scenario, especially if suicide is looking good[and we have been there and then hospital 9 times], one must do what one must...I am not clear by this post exactly who or what type illness you are talking about so if you want, feel free to email...you know where to find me.
peace and love to you...things always look horrid before they look better...you will be in my thoughts.
Sweethart it happens to so many of us you can never imagine. But do not get the treatment you first propost, cause I do not think it is going to help you at all.
When I am depressed the best thing taht could happen to me is be invisible, just go unoticed in this life, but it seems I can t.
Depression is a serious mental illness that requires months and sometimes years of treatment on the path to a cure. Millions of Americans across the United States are affected by depression each and every year. Depression is more commonplace than you might think and it will not go away on its own.
Depression is reaching epidemic proportions and imposes tremendous costs on society. It is a condition that occurs at the interface of the individual and environment. Stress is the primary driver of depression but a host of other causative factors can be involved. One of them that is virtually ignored is the role culture can play in the frequency of depression. The psychologist, Oliver James, has argued that our society is making too many people mentally ill. If the trends in depression incidence are to be believed he may well have a point.
http://singyourownlullaby.blogspot.com/2009/06/depression-and-culture.html
Blessings and love to you, Cynthia. Such tremendous and difficult decisions, and I have this sense that you are so alone in all this. Such sadness and grief I feel right now as I read your words -- that you must experience this, that there appear to be no simple, graceful, sure answers. That you have tried and must keep trying ...
You are in my heart, dear one.
Post a Comment