
Finally, a piece I feel worth sharing.
Process was acrylic paints on a canvas board.
Three images and a piece of paper.
Two similar tissue paper, one lighter one darker, layered.
Paper Towels
Gel Medium
Natural Beeswax
Ink pen to emphasize words on the paper.
Black Crayon melted and smeared.
Quilting Iron
Embossing Heat Tool
I am fascinated by sculptures in the Neolithic period of the goddess and cave drawings.
I was going for that feminine, watery feeling, and the treasures we hold.
I'll let you take from it the rest.
Oh-- and I learned to take up excess wax using paper towels; pressing the quilting iron to the towel over the area on the canvas till the wax melted to it, lifting and moving to anther area of the towel till I got the desired transparency in certain areas, it also helped with the smudging effects.
Thursday, February 26, 2009
Beeswax Mixed Media
There are many thing in your heart you can never tell another person. They are you, your private joys and sorrows, and you can never tell them. You cheapen them, the inside of yourself when you tell them. ~~Greta Garbo
Posted by
Cynthia
at
8:34 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Oh, isn't beeswax fun to create with? I love the effect you got - it does have an ancient feeling! Lovely piece, thanks for sharing
Post a Comment