I finally resonated to what this Chapter is speaking to: The Business end of things. I know it is referring to building partnerships to support your dreams. It''s about networking and your strengths, so you know more about yourself and what you bring to the table and what you might find in someone else. Getting the money and support without getting over your head.
Ms. McMeekin taught us how to start looking and noticing our passions, identified our saboteurs, brought us to recognizing guides and now wants us to pick our team. The book’s influence is taking place in a few weeks what usually takes years in real time because it is talking to all of us woman in the different stages. At this part of the book I almost put it down. “You’re not there yet honey,” Then I read the first few responses from you ladies and Wham, inspiration… My networking is more to the organic stage, not to the business end of selecting right now. Here’s two stories that are the best way I can describe what I took from this chapter.
I’m just learning yoga. I met my yoga instructor through the Internet, saw her name, saw she would come to my home, called and she came out, both of us sight unseen. She’s has such a good heart, she is wonderful in ways that are totally unlike me. She’s got me thinking. (First piece of a network puzzle that I didn't expect.)
My yoga friend and I got to speaking about (actually the idea germinated during my Savasana time. Cool!), now that the weather is nice, using my backyard and the absolutely gorgeous view of the Sonoran Desert, to offer yoga for those in my rural area. Okay, I thought though, well what about when it gets hot, it’s not going to work anymore, and K. says you never know, someone that comes to that group may be able to offer her home when the heat comes, Bingo! Okay-- then I thought, I’ve got the lap pool so little added bonus/enticement for those that wanted to stay and swim or hike in the desert. Then she said you could get out the word about your practice of Reiki and SoulCollage®! Okaaayyy…. (I’ve been practicing Reiki on and off since last June, but only on friends and family. However, nothing really presented itself to me to market myself.) Maybe some of these women will be connections to parts of my Art that is seriously lacking any networking connections, maybe I’ll have a built-in group when I start SoulCollage®, or maybe the SoulCollage® and Reiki will spin off new networks, that spin of new places. And on it goes. One little connection started on avalanche.
(I really need to pat attention to my J. Campbell quote on the side there.)
I don’t have a preset agenda for what kind of people that will be my partners. This is where the guides come in; I trust that the Divine will bring the right people into my life at the right time when I’m ready.
Second Story (little bigger idea): Though I’ve had an idea for a non-profit organization for women who suffer from dual diagnosis. An alternative to automatic responses of medication and 12 steps. I’ve vision of the inside of this building sometimes; a peaceful restful place for women who can’t afford the high end Rehabs; something that speaks to the nutritional, mental, physical support as well as holistic & alternative modalities. I’ve been incubating on this for a few years.
Sometimes I stop believing, but things keep happening that jar me out of melancholy and get me thinking and dreaming again. Then suddenly a flurry of activity happens, and then a slow down…and then doubt, and then something unexpected gets those juices flowing and a new person enters my life.
I’ve got an idea I’m being guided somewhere, at some point I will have to take the reigns of my own destiny, but right now I feel I just need to keep showing up. I practically stopped on the Reiki thing till the yoga friend appeared. I practically stopped on the Rehab till a girl from Brisbane! who is finishing her book about this very thing called THIS WEEK to ask me permission to use passage of my book I started on this subject and put aside 3 years ago. I practically stopped on writing on my version of moving from the suburbs to the pioneering in the deserts of Arizona, till I got one little email that said she loved my baby chick story and I should keep going. Go figure how all this stuff works out. Maybe some won't make it out of the frying pan, who knows?
I do know you can’t let these serendipitous happenings lie around. I’ve noticed the most successful women in this group not only produce, but also continually put themselves out there, they actively seek out support, and when destiny comes knocking they have an eye to see it. They don’t let a potential resource wither. That takes practice. That’s all.
Build it, and they will come!
Love
:)C
Friday, February 27, 2009
Chapter 7, Selecting; 12 Secrets of Highly Creative Women
Posted by
Cynthia
at
12:22 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
These are awesome examples of how networking inspires and connects people. Love them! I really like your perspective on this chapter.
Oh, how I wish I could be part of your little yoga studio. It sounds like heaven, doing yoga and enjoying the desert views, a dip in the pool afterwards. Dang girl, I'd be there every day! I really, really, really need to get back into a yoga practice, but can't afford to go to classes and just can't seem to inspire myself to do it at home more than once in a great while. But yoga with a small group, at a friend's house with a view-- I could totally get into that!
Sounds like all these little contacts are really paying off big for you. Huzzah!
I loved reading your stories. Fascinating!All your talents and skills are pooling together to make something big; and it's making other gravitate towards you! Lovely. :)
Well Dawn, we are only going to charge 15 bucks a person so your free if you make it our here! :)
Genie -- your support means the world to me. thx hon :) I think you are awesome!
Trust is a wonderful thing - I trust you will indeed find the right people at the right time.
what a great post!! i love what that you were able to find the unique way that you relate to the chapter. i think we can all relate to making wonderful connections (whether or not they're exactly business related) and that one with your yoga teacher is just awesome!!
Hi CynthiaMarie.
I love this post! With my traveling, I've been off track from the 12 Secrets group ... or so I thought. But I've been brainstorming a lot about my biz. Reading your post, I realize (as often happens when I'm simpatico with the energy of a group) I'm right there too!
I love your idea of bringing Reiki and SoulCollage together. I'm not sure what you have in mind, but Reiki is such a lovely form, and really works so well as a layering with any other art form. And I love your Second Story vision. Wow, beautiful. Dream it, allow for the ebb and flow. In right timing it will all emerge in some beautiful way ....
I love your words: "right now I feel I just need to keep showing up". Wise words for us all (me!) :-).
~ Blessings,
Jane
Where are you?
Hugs---
Post a Comment