
Well, back in business, worked on some art last week playing with the techniques found in Jacqueline Sullivan's DVD "Acrylics: Textures, Layer and Metallics."
This work in progress, which I call Easter Parade, thinking of the movie with Judy Garland and Fred Astaire, (I wish Easter hats were still a big deal for women!) --any way I digress -- halted suddenly after the stenciling some molding paste (not painted yet). I think that one jagged piece of molding paste on the right stops the eye, need to scrape it off. Not sure what to do next though. Wanting to stay organic, text seems wrong... and image of flowers transferred may be a possibility. Seems awful busy, like I tried to do too much in one piece..don't know how to tone it down or if I should. And not sure if I want to put titan buff with lighter colors or darken it with, maybe Payne's Grey with that bluish feeling. I've got a 3D straw hat for a doll...mmmm--- Suggestions? I'll take them! {I do really like the cheesecloth strings, the tissue paper and the aluminum -- very cool that I got to finally work with GAC 200- just sounds fun, like a chemistry project :)}
I cooked yesterday for my boys. I think their favorite is the Tres Leches cake I make from scratch. Lordie, I don't have a sweet tooth, but it is hard for me to lay off of that rum & milk saturated fluffy stuff from the gods. So after much indulgence yesterday healthy food shopping sounds fun today -- if I get past being semi-lazy and in this reading mood.
Happy spring day to you whatever you are celebrating. I feel so much better! I do not recover well from General Anesthesia, but all is well and the nasty staples are out. Yea!
It actually rained here yesterday and the desert smells wonderful. Wet 'creosote' smell is as good as sap from a pine tree smell.
in love & light
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Easter Parade & What Next?
Posted by
Cynthia
at
9:47 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I think Easter Parade is an excellent title for the piece. I adore the colors. Whatever you are doing ... it is right! Hope you are feeling much better!
Oh easter parade is one of my all time fave movies! Love the colors here.
I've been awol a while, and coming around here today, I see alot's been going on in your life! Geez - and yet with all of that, the creative spark in you shines on.
How cool are you?!
Post a Comment