Well, shoot I've got so many opening lines I don't know where to begin -- mm, 1rst I'm miffed because I can't find the cord connector thingy that hooks my cybershot to the computer. I moved it before Easter to a much "safer place" so as not to lose it, and now I'm losing it! So can't show you the pictures of the cute little eggs from the white leghorns (I'm assuming because usually the others don't lay so soon,) a 1/2 dozen I came home to.
Came home from Mexico and my wonderful condo, which is on the market -- and not selling in this wonderful economy and such reassuring news from Mexico of late. yikes... so no pictures of the horses on the beach either -- yet -- that chord as to show up sooner or later.
But! While gone I took a book, well several books; I take a library when I go somewhere, damn inconvenient, but worth it, "Exploring Color" by Nita Leland and I realized I've been going about this art thing all wrong. Not the SoulCollage®, that is different. Studying color theory made me think of Julie Andrews singing "if you start at the very beginning, it's a very fine place to start..." the Do, Re, Mi song in "Sound of Music." Well, first it is very intimidating, but at the same time so facinating I can feel the cogs in my brain turn and juices running amuck with excitement -- this could take a lifetime, I thought, followed by 'great! I want something to be passionate about for the rest of my life!' So it's off to the races, my teeth have bitten a new bit, and any other horse analogy you can think of. So I'll start posting my experimentations with color and that will be fun. I'll still futs with the different techniques for mixed media, but not knowing color has made me very frustrated. I mean there is intuition, which is reflected in my SoulCollage, but there as to be a certain education to actual art-- at least for me.
god, I love my time in Mexico, it's only a 4 hour drive & I always come home with such a positive perspective. I will miss listening to waves and long walks on the beach when it sells, (say prayers, we need it sold soon.) Then again there is always something new or different to enjoy & explore in life around the corner.
Well, besides getting some exercise, visiting my Gram, and getting some groceries my first priority is reading my friends blogs and catching up.
mucho love to you all
Monday, April 27, 2009
First Things First
Posted by
Cynthia
at
9:07 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





0 comments:
Post a Comment