Well, I had a few goals, this week, to show up to my artist table, to try something out of my comfort zone and to get to know you ladies of 12 Secrets. I was exhausted from the hospital stay with my Gram at the end of last week (more than I knew,) and I was in car accident Thurs (no injuries to speak of, a little sore, but too big of a crunch to be thrilled about) – however I'm happy to say I hope I know a few of you bit more than I did.
I started at 7 am and it is now 2pm. I’ve read profiles & posts, and seen and felt creativity that inspires and evokes. I truthfully realized how much I enjoyed the essences of the souls I was reading, pouring through your own secrets to discover the best of what makes you work, the similarities of anxiety, but also the understanding of the growth and garnishment it brings to life, the appreciation for the cycles. The beauty drew me in. Half way through I was almost saturated, but something clicked and kicked in-- after the act of drinking water and stepping outside for a deep breath and a pause, something bigger than I had known before when communicating in cyberspace -- I don’t know what filled me – a oneness, a absolute connection to not necessarily personalities but your souls and then it became fluid; It felt like a creation of art in and of itself. The reading and breathing in of the collective essences.
There was also the general theme that I don’t want to reiterate the same answers to the questions that most of us feel the same on. Your thoughts/mine reminded me in part of Virginia Woolfs’ '"A Room of One's Own." Her reasons for her lectures at a couple of colleges made into the book she explained by saying, "I wanted to encourage the young women- they seem to get fearfully depressed."
This subject of voids is hard one to not get slightly disheartened at because we are, after all, talking about the dark side, though educational in it's own way; our human body, mind, emotions, can betray us in a most fearful fashion and is not exactly fun to explore or revisit, but explore we must. It was very liberating to know my thoughts were mirrored, but at the same time found expression in new words that I could bring to my life, that would support me and silence, or least bring down to a low murmur, the purple people eater on occasion!
I liked one comment that was made that the fear wasn’t the dark place, but that one doesn’t know when it ends, or if it will. I have to remember when I’m there that it is not unending and reluctantly acquiesce. A bowing and surrender. The sweet release that brings peace and new beginnings.
There is also a comment made by Woolf, “what remains over when the skin of the day has been cast into the hedge…what is left of past time and of our loves and hates.” This is my surrender, my peace, my love, and my empty vessel ready to be filled again. In the book Michelle Casou says, “To be creative means becoming more familiar with being a little lost. If we are always full of what we want to do, there is no room for the new.” A perfect pearl there.
I am finally familiar with being lost – it doesn’t scare me, my own voice doesn’t scare me and other’s voices don’t either. Marilu Henner once said something along the lines of, “it’s how you deal with Plan B.” It’s the resiliency factor for me. It’s not saying survivor, but thrive.
Eternally in love with humanity
Forever grateful for this day and this community
And honored by being in your presence
Namaste
Saturday, January 31, 2009
12 Secrets of highly creative Women: Secret 4 Surrender aka Sweet Release
Posted by
Cynthia
at
2:54 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





11 comments:
Thank you for the beautiful comment on my blog. What you wrote above actually verbalizes some of the things I have felt about being connected to other Souls but could never really put my finger on how to describe what I was feeling. I have heard a lot about Virgina Wolfe throughout my life and now I think I will have to finally sit down and read her.
Wishing You Beauty, Love and Light~
Gypsy~
CynthiaMarie,
Thanks for stopping by my place. I was impressed with your post and souls and Virginia Wolfe (who I read way back in one of my past lives!). I note you are a Chagall lover -- me too! Also, Odilon Redon -- his color work makes my soul sing.
Namaste My Dear.....
Hi Gypsy -- Virginia Woolf became a favorite after I read "Mrs. Dalloway." The movie "The Hours" was a play on this book. Basically it is the story of a woman's day, the little nuisances we experience as only V. Woolf can put it. Truly beautiful "To the Lighthouse" is a lovely picture of a family and "The Waves" is like reading prose. Enjoy!
Thank you, with baskets of flowers at your feet, for introducing me to Odilon Redon! -- you are right, his work makes my soul sing!
Thanks for visiting my blog! You wrote a beautiful and thought-provoking post. I truly appreciate that you reminded me that deep creativity lies in the creation of human life and raising children! Most of my creativity IS currently directed towards that and I am enjoying every moment of it.
Namaste!
I am completely in awe of your sublime writing! Such a beautiful talent. Thank you for this incredibly refreshing,lyrical, soul saturated read!
I too feel like I'm being filled by this experience--swimming through and soaking in all of these amazing confessions, dreams and creative questions.
I'm so glad you are enjoying your dip as well!
Much Joy, Many Blissings~*
Molly
Beautiful, lyrical post. "This is my surrender, my peace, my love, and my empty vessel ready to be filled again." My favorite sentence.
Looking forward to continuing this journey with you.
This is beautiful as is the fact that you sat down to "meet" everyone and are so open and loving everytime I encounter you, whether in your comments to me, to others, or here at home in your own lovely world.
You are eternally in love with humanity - it shows as a glow all around you.
CynthiaMarie, your post is beautiful! After writing my Week 4 post, I realized that in reimagining my village, I absolutely include all of you in the blog-group, that visiting the sites is like being invited into a home--one of many up and down the streets that beckon. Your comments about the "essence of souls" as you read the blogs, is *it* for me. It's more than just looking into a home, its being invited into a life and heart. Your collages and this space are breathtaking.
Its fabulous that you felt oneness with the group energy!
Michele Cassou has a great book about moving through blocks called Point Zero: Creativity without limits - I've begun it but not finished it.
i so feel what you are saying about the visiting of each other blogs and the meeting of souls. in this group about creativity, as with my teaching groups on line, i feel a connection not only of interest but of spirit. it is one of the wonders of our modern age that we can create and build friendships with faceless people and, in doing so, focus on their true essence. while snail mail has its place and value, the time it would have taken to create even one bond would be so much longer than it is today with blogs and such. i am grateful for the chance to know and understand even a small part of each of the creative souls here - what a gift we can be to each other.
Yes indeed, in some moments I can say that I jibe consent to with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is still a suspect as you did in the downgrade issue of this solicitation www.google.com/ie?as_q=pandora seahorse charm ?
I noticed the phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you functioning the pitch-dark methods of helping of the resource. I possess a week and do necheg
Post a Comment