Friday, January 30, 2009

Week 3!


Catching up here and almost there, so this will be short and sweet. I must say I enjoyed the story in this chapter on Rosette and her clay shrinking journey. I couldn't help of think of my husband's and I endeavors to stop concrete from cracking -- Our business pours concrete cart paths on golf courses and one of my first jobs, besides the books and getting up at 3 am was to spray cure on the concrete to stop it from cracking, also watering the subgrade to stop it from sucking the moisture out of the drying concrete.

Because of this chapter and a few hints from fellow blogger experimenting with Beeswax I tried again. I also played with all the new art supplies I had recently received. That Glass Bead gel is absolutely awesome. Adding turquoise to it and laying down on the canvas and watching it look like it was turning into a piece of glass was magical! I loved it. Tried the pumice gel as well, a magazine transfer all on this little 4X4. I found myself wanting to work bigger, to work 3 dimensional, Goddess Doll's or emotion dolls type statue things --something, even though the piece isn't exactly balanced, it opened up the creative imagination! Which considering when I layed down my first two pieces of paper and kept telling myself this really isn't that good, but I sure am having fun! I love the little girl feel of playing and just looking at my piece outside in the sun all day, jsut sparkling. It just felt like I can just keep going, it will be alright.

Namaste

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I really enjoyed Rosette's story too. I have made lots of neat dolls with paperclay and I love the medium! I'm thankful to Rosette for the risks she took!

Have a great hair day! Becci

Lisa said...

The colors are magnificent. You say it sparkles in the sun? Oooh you are having fun.

Unknown said...

I love your art. Please keep going. It will ALWAYS be alright.

I love the song that is playing, flying high high, I am a bird in the sky, an eagle that flies on the breeze...

Unknown said...

Cynthia, thank you for the love and magic. The same and more to you too!

LissaL said...

In your beautiful collage I see 2 birds & a Native American dreamcatcher.Or is that what I want to see? For I never knew my grandmother very well or great-grandmother at all & the stories that have been lost have been on my mind. Also thanks for the kind words & support.

Anonymous said...

I love your piece! The color, the texture, its fantastic! I could get lost in it. Keep playing, keep it fun! Its working!