Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It Needed to Bee



..... don't have a name for it, or why the images provoked such emotion from me.
After two months away from actually doing anything artistic on the page, I did struggle today. My brain had to remember how to think -- the intuition was there, but the images did not come together easy and the balance feels off...and meticously cutting that string of bee's taught me to remember patience when working.

Serendipitously though, the woman evoked the idea of Source, Divine and then the background of angel feathers turned upside down came -- and then stuck --

However, believe it or not, a Bee found it's way all the way into my study/art area and kept buzzing...I was ignoring it, vaguely aware that a frickin bee got in the house and the back door must be open. That lovely damn Bee was insistent! I don't think I've heard a louder bee. Then my brain clicked to the images of the bee line all connected to the hive I had seen earlier in a magazine, so I spoke to the Bee, "Thanks buddy -- gotcha!" When I came back from getting the magazine the Bee was gone. Thank you Muses!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, thank you for visiting my blog. I love your Soulcollage card and how sometimes ,if not always, our soul life is so intertwined with the physical reality. I see everything that pops into my attention as a message from soul. I have worked a lot with SoulCollage too. I wish that I could just invite all of these wonderful friends I am making through blogging to my house for a tea-party.

Cynthia said...

Dearest Ann -- thank you so much for coming by, and your kind words, also the especially touching ones on my poem about my grandmother.

I'd love to have tea with you. :)

Anonymous said...

I love this piece - and the synchronicity of the bee's visit while you were working on it. The piece itself looks effortless and flowing, and the colors just feel so right. Beautiful.

Lisa said...

What a piece and what a story. But my god, that is beautiful.