Tales From Twisty Lane, Snap and her wonderful nose for sniffing out great new blogs, lead me to here, Dear Daisy Cottage, where a Mac-n-Cheese thread lead to some delicious findings, along with a truly uplifting, cheery blog. So I thought I'd put my particular Southwest recipe up here and wanted to see if anyone else had one share.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp powdered mustard
2 1/2 cups whole milk
coarsely grated best cheese money can buy:
1 cup Monterrey Cheese
1 cup Pepper Jack Cheese
1 cup Sharp Cheddar
1 cup fresh grated (if you have the inclination)Parmesan
mix all cheeses in a lg bowl
1/8 tsp white pepper
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbl finely grated yellow onion (opt) better with though.
Optional: 1 Jalapeno diced small without seeds. depends if you like it hot --
Preheat over to 350 F. Melt butter in a saucepan over moderate heat, blend in flour and mustard, slowly stir in milk, and cook until thickened. Mix in 3 cups of cheese and all the rest of the ingredients. salt if you need more. Cook till cheese melts. it may be a little runny but sets after baking. Off heat, mix in macaroni; turn into a buttered 2 Qt casserole. (this is great at Xmas) sprinkle with remaining cheese, and bake uncovered for 1/2 hour, give or take, depending on your oven, till bubbly and lightly browned.
Enjoy
Cynthia





6 comments:
Can't wait to try this Mac N' Cheese recipe for July 4th,
espcially love the addition of
jalepeno.
Mac-n-cheese is probably my favorite food in the whole world. I'm not a fan of homemade mac-n-cheese, though! I prefer the stuff that comes in a box. I'm like a little kid when it comes to food. xD
But I have to admit that this sounds interesting. Lots of different cheeses, Worcestershire sauce, onion and a Jalapeno pepper? Wow!
No no no! I've been offline for a few days, and I come back to this?! This delicious recipe for one of my all time favorite foods, now that I am off dairy, wheat and gluten? How could you do this to me :)
You are like the perfect woman. Stop. Making. Me. Look. So. Bad.
:)
Recipes, art, smart, beautiful, great taste in music, deep, funny, real, cool house... geez...
Work it, lady. Love you.
Mmmmmm sounds so good!
The addition of jalapeno might even tempt my better half to try it. He loves cheese and pasta but says mac & cheese is too bland.
Thank you for the recipe!
Pixy the Pepperjack, white pepper, Worcestershire give it plenty of kick. Hope hubby likes it.
Lisa I'm sooo sorry, LOL!!!
Tori I never used to like homemade cause it was too thick and the noodles were also too soft. Kraft still works for me on occasion!
Cynthia -- I think I'll make a batch on the 4rth too! Good idea!
Robyn -- LOL!!!-- sashaying across the floor!
Love you all
Post a Comment