Friday, May 15, 2009
A Prairie Home Companion ;)
the watering hole. Attracts lots of creatures including a pair of Harris Hawks, the occasional javelina, coyotes and only once saw a bobcat.
Queen Palms and the gate east, my study and art corner face out this way, there are lots of birds that enjoy the fountain, and that tree in the corner is a Fig tree.
My friends, starting with Peppermint, the dog that thinks he's alpha dog, but plays with me every morning.
Lucy, the Cat. We are being so demure here, and think it's okay to be on the kitchen table if we are on the newspaper.
Cajun, the actual alpha dog, he was camera shy and had to get close to me, so you are missing his grey whiskers -- getting old buddy.
Aspen who doesn't give a hoot, except it just heated up outside: I'm molting and will you please brush me! (this weekend, I promise)
The Bridge over the wash honey and I built, the mountain/hill in the back that we climb and an Ironwood in it's last bloom of pale lavender.
Cisco and Ambrosia! Yes, I have carrots.
The Hen House and the goat pen. No goats for awhile now,-- which is okay :)
The Reading Room -- I have a small chair I sit in and read here.

It was cathartic to take pictures of our home and companions.
Hope you enjoyed the tour!
Blessings
Posted by
Cynthia
at
7:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I love the pictures! Your home is beautiful. Cajun is giving you those big brown dog eyes our dog likes to give us. It always puts me on a guilt trip, because he does it as we're leaving the house.
Oh my gosh. It is beautiful. I can't believe you guys built all this yourselves.
That first pic, of the way in ... left me breathless.
And all your lovely animal companions. We have a Lucy cat here too. Those dogs all look mischevious.
Thanks for the tour. My husband and I have a dream to retire in the southwest, out somewhere rural with the coyotes and the stars. (You're not gonna ever see a for sale sign out front - you guys have worked too hard to create this. Somehow, things will work out.)
You live in paradise with a lovely crew of companions! :) Breathtaking :)
Loved the tour. Love your home and your furbabes. :D
Looks like a little bit of paradise. Love the "garden gate" areas and seeing all your pets!
Oh my goodness! Simply magical. Thank you so much for sharing so much of you and yours...
Love ya, lady. :)
Post a Comment