I went to see Star Trek by myself Friday morning! It is awesome fun -- okay understatement, I was screaming OMG on the phone to my sons after LOL!!! So Sam, first born and Jason, born 15 months later (Irish twins almost, on their way from Tucson home for the weekend, made me whip a Uey and get more tickets for few hours later -- I haven't seen a movie twice in one day since Star Wars I think! A helluva lot of fun. Well done!
Swam and played in the pool yesterday --our antics made the four of us laughed so hard it hurt. Played backgammon with my Jace. Been hugged many times over by my Sam. Watched "the Namesake" which made us all very emotional -- looked a lot like us sometimes -- I love my family. I'm so glad I had those boys!!lol!! We've all been reminscing of their childhood memories -- some I've gone "I didn't do that!" and then, "You did What?" -- I guess they feel old enough to confess past crimes -- more laughter!
I have a few more hours with them before they take off. More than anything I thank God for them being a part of my life and teaching me things I would never known, and for making me a better person, and I am so, so grateful for the gift of two young men -- and for love they show me through action and word.~~Thank you guys, always and forever -- I love you -- more deeply than I ever knew was possible. Who knew it would hurt to love this much? The best gift is being able to love them for all of my life. I don't ever want to forget this weekend. Bliss.
Sunday, May 10, 2009
a Star Trek Mother's Day
Posted by
Cynthia
at
6:53 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Awww. I have a lump in my throat. How lovely. How absolutely magnificent :)
I had a pretty big lump myself. And a bigger one when they left yesterday afternoon. Thanks Genie :) for coming by, for feeling what I felt.
Absolutely beautiful.
:)
Hi Cynthia - got your note about letter-writing. Email me your mailing address and I'll send you mine. :)
Post a Comment