Friday, May 22, 2009

Tori Asks

The creative and very philosophically minded Tori asked me 5 questions from the interview meme. 

If you want to be be interviewed Here are the rules.

  • leave me a comment with your email address saying: “interview me”
  • I will e-mail you five questions of my choice
  • you can then answer the questions on your blog {with a link back to my blog}
  • you should also post these rules, along with an offer to interview anyone else who emails you, wanting to be interviewed
  • anyone who asks to be interviewed should be sent 5 questions to answer on their blog
  • it would be nice if the questions were individualized for each blogger


What is the best or worst advice you've ever received?


Worst --Freshman year of HighSchool at a Catholic HS we were given books about careers and after due consideration went to a scheduled conference with a nun advisor. I wanted to study oceanography (since the joining the AirForce and becoming an astronaut had been nixed) the last frontier I thought would be the oceans -- So I wanted to  go to Scripts Institute and San Diego. I was raised in Wisconsin and was promptly told that would take me away from my family and how would I feel about that? choose something less difficult and closer.


Best -- My dad told me not to call my boyfriend that had broken up with me because he wasn't sure if what he wanted (he was still married, though estranged for almost two years, just hadn't got around to the divorce part.) No matter how impatient, no matter how much a longed to hear his voice, Dad told me don't call him no matter what -- he'll be back, & he was, and I married him. :)

 

What do you think has been the greatest experience of your life?

it's a cliche -- hand's down having my children -- from conception until now, nothing has ever given me more gifts of love, of the opportunity to love soooooo much. my god it takes my breath away.


After that jumping off a 35 foot cliff into the river water below -- scared the living crap out of myself and exhilarated me to my marrow!

 

What's the last thing that made you laugh uncontrollably?

Too long a story, but has to do with brussel sprouts, Stargate, spewing water, my sons, husband and everyone feeding off of one sexual innuendo after another that had nothing to do with episode, only our twisted minds at the moment! had to be there, had a headache and stomache for hours after and my belly muscles were actually sore the next day from laughing!

 

If you could do anything in the world- what would it be?

heal my sons heart? cure Alzheimer's?  No? then travel, hike up Machu Picchu, Galapagos Islands, Chartes Cathedral, Sistine Chapel, castles in Germany, tramp around Tierra del Fuego.


What's your idea of a perfect meal?

Fresh, ethnic, good company.

 


thanks Tori! :)

4 comments:

Tori said...

Wow! These were so awesome to read. Children are obviously a blessing to anyone who has them, but I can't believe you've jumped off a 35ft cliff into a river! That's so cool! I'd be waaaay too scared.

Thank you so much for answering the questions! I've said it before- these memes are a great way to learn more about people. <3

Tori said...

By the way- I just tagged you for a meme, if you want to play along check out my '6 Things That Make Me Happy' post!

Cynthia Pittmann said...

Hi Cynthia,
I enjoyed your list...the nun's bad advice and your father's...I sometimes wonder if we should give advice because it's so often limited to our own experience and personality. It's difficult also because we don't know the future...usually!!! ...thanks for sharing and love to you <3

Lisa said...

Fascinating - Tori is right, these are a great way to learn more about each other.

(What is it about the poor nuns that makes them all give such crappy advice?)

Your answers show you are a born adventurer, from astronaut dreams to Galapagos. And that you love your family alot too. Nice.