Want to put something in that left lower corner... mmm... used light molding past with stencils. The colors and design remind me of Albuquerque. Like how my mixture of colors is getting better. Still got to work on some of that stencil work not looking like blobs.

I really like the Clear Tar Gel... my
experiments thus far are very iffy, not sure how to use it effectively yet.

Okay,
experiment with pumice gel....with a little garnet -- the upper being light molding paste...{This is a before picture not finished, only paint is the blue in the molding paste 6/30} the whole thing went south when I started painting on it and the first actual in the trash, nothing salvageable piece. I've tried working with that pumice 3 times now with awful results, and I found not to put down the light molding paste by itself or without a plan. No way to save it later. Not fond of that pumice gel.

I wish someone would have put these in my hands first! I've had the "Creative Paint Workshop for Mixed Media" which as been very helpful with basics of composition, abstract design, new products and their application, but the "acrylic Revolution" is chalked full of techniques on how to use some of those Golden products I've been messing with, also great ideas; textures, transfers.. it's like going to an art class. Love it.
"Creative Edge" by Mary Todd Beam is taking all this knowledge and letting yourself go. There is one not shown "Expermenting with Color" which is teaching me a lot about color theory and application in step by step lessons that I find invaluable.
Have a great weekend!
9 comments:
I love the colors and textures! Your paintings are great. It's cool that you're experimenting with so many differeny things instead of just using the same old stuff!
I adore that first photo! spectacular! and I can see the resemblance to Albuquerque. nice!
I am a bear of very little brain, but my take on the 3 works, all of which are beautiful, are, from the top down, tropical, mountainous, arctic. Don't know if that is what you were going for, but, wow.
I have to tell you... And I am much to "cold" of a person to dish out surfacey compliments... (so, like, when I compliment you, it's for real)... I REALLY like your art. I do. You have an excellent feel for color, flow, and texture. The cool thing about abstract like this is that it can be different things to different people.
Thank you for sharing this with us.
Wow, its so interesting how you do this. You are an amazing talent.
I love the colors so bright cheery.
Coffee is on.
i really like these...
again, you shine with much creative force. so much beautiful light in one vessel!
love ya!
Hello Cynthia,
What a beautiful painting, I love the colours and textures, and the swirl on the side.
A very gorgeous work of art!
I have the Creative Paint Workshop (like it)...might have to check out that Acrylic Revolution. Thanks for sharing!
Welcome to the Tree House, Cynthia. I fell in love with your blog. Such wonderful resources, and help. Thank you! Your work is lovely, too. I am exploring my wild side in textures and abstracts. Bustin' outta my rut. lol
Post a Comment