Friday, June 12, 2009

WTJ Wk 2 -- Observing

These two pictures added to blog later in the day -- I forgot about my blue circles and new art supplies being so surprised at my book actually breaking!  These are the little new dew drop chalk inks. I love the colors.  Sorry I was cranky this morning. I think my journal was more sorry.

I woke up very CRABBY this morning! When I opened my journal it fell on this page so I very aggressively swung the book in my right hand against the short end of open door. This felt so good I did it four more times and to my utter surprise the book broke in half! Can you believe it?? I stood there looking down for 1/2 a sec striking silent my brain think, blinking. I REALLY destroyed the book. OMG this was too ironic! Now what?  Take a picture. It is still there, across from me as I type  -- my superstitious nature is wondering if it is a sign.

This week I found myself observing my reactions to the prompts in WTJ and after declaring my independence last week was surprised to find resistance. I didn't want to sew and said so, but have decided I'll find some thread and give it a go. I saw a page instructing to throw it out and one that said give away your favorite page! What? My adult did not want to trash a page, it was akin to burning books, and my little girl definitely did not want to share her favorite page. She didn't know what it was yet and it may be really good!
 This made me wonder why. I've got some guess's worth exploring. 

Another observation was I thought the outside of the book very ugly and did not want to carry it with me, let alone sleep with it. Now what the hell does that say about me? I'm a closet snob? mmm
My husband was horrified while I gleefully tore up the front page. It was a good thing this pyro decided to burn over sink... things almost got carried away!! had to douse it under the water and now the book has this wonderful over used, fell in the bathtub look! (well, it did) Writing on the closed pages reminded me of HS, bored, writing aimlessly. This prompted a exercise where I started drawing a little guy jumping in the lower right corners of several pages -- this was SO Fun!! -- creating my own small movie. 

Yes, I wrote bad words on my four letter word page -- and then crossed them out -- this is PG after all. :)


The pictures were taken over a piece of practice art. Filling in the T's with red marker and noticing they looked like crosses so I went over them making them more obvious made me feel positively devilish!

I found many of my reactions spilling into real life. I tore up my house to rearrange it. I didn't bust ass to cook when my son came home with a guest and when my out of state relatives came to visit and consequently more of hubby's family came. It was weird. No one is hardly ever at our house and the minute I turn the kitchen into a pseudo studio with no place to sit and full of art that is absolutely neophyte, people show up. Very odd signs this week. 

I enjoyed the hidden messages I found out about myself this week. This isn't just about breaking rules, or making pretty art, or getting creative -  It is also about WRECKING and exploring my reactions to that wrecking. Very, very unexpected. Had me smiling sideways.

Hope your weekend is full of surprises!

PS -- posted a few hours later: You must check out this video song-- Dar Williams - As Cool as I Am -- about us Women --here Moomin Light !

30 comments:

Ananda said...

I like how much this process is making you aware of yourself. I feel that!

magpie said...

another wreck star is born!
i love what you're doing here - you're inspiratioin for my future destruction.

Jamie Ridler said...

You are kicking a$$ and taking names when it comes to Wrecking this Journal! Way to bust it in half!!

It's amazing how this journal is reflecting us back to us!

Vee said...

Good for you - your a wrecking pro already! Isn't it amazing what one little book can do?

Jen said...

Wow...You displayed things I have yet to! I surpressed and have supressed so many things. I have pondered about this book, and have read other's blogs but something has me *blocked*...Maybe I should just go ahead andorder it and begin the wrecking~

Snap said...

Wow, girl ... you really did wreck the journal! Good for you! Meeting yourself a little more, too. WoooHoooo!

Sara said...

Wow, the wrecking is spectacular!!!! Loving it.

Amy said...

Dang girl, you're WILD! I love it! Thanks for the comment on mine---I'm slowly warming up to it.

Love that you wrote "Can't sew, don't want to sew!" That's great!

Lisa said...

I am having the same experience, in that it is showing me so much about myself. Haven't written a post yet.

Your journal is really wrecked girl. Great job breaking it in half! It looks like you've wrung it's neck, and tried to butcher it and have it for dinner.

Lesley Myrick said...

You are QUITE the wrecker! I'm impressed. I still feel that I want the journal to be pretty. Thanks for the inspiration! :)

Sheila said...

You BROKE the book????? OMG!!! How hysterical! Love the colors of your circles and would gladly take your test page for gift wrap. And I expect to have a few bad words in my four letter words too - after all, they did say 4 letter words didn't they? In fact, as I've fallen asleep the past couple nights I've been 'counting 4 letter words' instead of sheep in anticipation. What has me frying in angst over this 'adventure' is the give away your favorite page page. I think I just may highlight 'favorite page' in that print and give that page away - after all it's my book and if I call that 'my' favorite page, who's gonna know?

Kim said...

You BROKE the book!! Hee hee hee!!! That's BRILIIANT! And I love that one of your first impulses was to take a pic!!

WrightStuff said...

A professional wrecker in business here! I had the same fire experience - momentary panic that the book I'd waiting all week to arrive was about to go up in flames!

Rose said...

Oh you have done so many wonderful things to your journal! Loving it all!

Angie said...

Hello Cynthia,
What a wonderful surprise today to have found your comment on my post. Being a relatively new comer to blogging I get all giddy with happiness when someone writes in and leaves such kind and supportive words, thank you.
I have been reading your blog and was inspired by your words, paintings, collages and poetry.
I too am starting Yoga lessons, have certificate in Reiki and have read books on Krishnamurti, my dad was/is a big fan of his and that is all I heard about in my teens.
You seem to have a depth in you which is translated in all your work, thank you again for connecting, sending you soul hugs!

l said...

wow! major destruction !!

Sharon P Pope said...

I really enjoyed this post and seeing what you're doing with the journal and how your feelings are connecting to other parts of your life. I'm thinking I may have to try this. Keep having fun with it! :)

I like your round dreamboard too.

Genie Sea said...

Whoa! You're a wreckstar! :)I laughed out loud that it broke in half! Weeeee! :)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely and completely inspiring--fantastic! I laughed about the journal breaking--wonderful!

L'Adelaide said...

I so enjoyed reading this! due to circumstances, while my energy could wreck my book, my body won't get into the act just now, so living vicariously through everyone else has been fun!

thank you deeply for your kindness and compassion shown to me on my blog this week~
X

Cynthia said...

Amazingly theraputic! I do love
those blue circles.

Cynthia, please join me over at
Epiphany and play along with my
little challenge. Your awareness
and artful being will add a delcious flavor to any piece
you write. Thank you!

Leah said...

what great destructions and realizations! brava, girl!

Hibiscus Moon said...

Cool! This is some exploratory exercise. Very inspirational.

organicsyes said...

Love the crabby moments..thanks for sharing!

Sherri said...

OMG- I laughed so hard at the breaking the book in two part! You are very inspiring.

Kathryn V. Crabbe said...

destruction Rules! i'm impressed - you really did it...I've got a ways to go!

kc

http://soulreaderblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

OMG! You're doing so awesome! I love that your journal is already coming apart. And you're so creative about wrecking. Love it.

OKAY, I CAVED. I bought Wreck My Journal today and joined the Next Chapter group. Better late than never. Now to start wrecking...

titania said...

you are doing so well - no you are bold in my eyes! daring to overcome so much boarders and limits at one go! like your courage blessings Titania

Beverley Baird said...

What great wrecking!
Loved the way you described your thoughts and feelings.
Keep on wrecking!

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

you are totally enjoying yourself i can see it!
Good, very good!