Friday, June 5, 2009

WTJ Wk 1 -- Authority

Okay, confessions of a rule breaker. I've never, ever, that I can remember, done anything the way someone told me to. Rules are made to be broken. Unfortunately this can ruin diets and resolutions and religion. But, hey, when it comes to authority figures and rules, it's a compulsion. My sons loved it because some mornings I would drive right past their school and straight to the Zoo. (not often, but enough to let them know this world isn't ruled by rule makers.)


I digress. Upon purchasing this book and reading through it two things I wanted to do asap was eat blue candy and press my tongue on that page, and the one about wrapping twine around the spine and twirling it through the air, -- I planned on hitting walls with it, but then thought of the paint job recently done -- damn it! adult reality and money -- it's always the money that keeps the us from having "kid" fun. I did immediately break the spine though. :)

 Anyway, not having any twine or blue candy at hand, the fruit sticker page caught my attention. I did have fruit in the fridge and I could start right away! As the weeks went by I noticed I had the same Gala, Fuji, Oso onion stickers and got bored. So there was an old stamp in the junk drawer and I twist tie -- hey! I could break rules right off the bat in a rule breaking book! Made my day! 

I've showed it to my family and everyone wants to do something to it. We've all laughed very much and it has sparked great conversation on rules and authority. 

Thanks Jamie -- I'm off to see what others did to theirs already. (later -- I'm meeting new bloggers, this is great :):) :)... I have to go burn a page!

Blessings,
Cyn

28 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, FUN! Great way to get started!

I need to get this book and join in. I'm so uptight about rule breaking, this would be good for me. Hmmm... I'll be near the bookstore this afternoon...

couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

breaking the rules is part of this book and life LOL ;-)
hugs!

LissaL said...

Kudos to you for breaking the rules and diving right in! I love it!

l said...

I broke the rules too I guess...i have been collecting the fruit stickers for a while too :)
love your music btw..

Unknown said...

I'm so impressed! You're not scared at all! I was actually looking at it for a second time and could see all the fun that could be had! So I'm all for it!

Tori said...

This book really is a lot of fun. I got mine last fall and started it then, so now I'm thinking of new ways to wreck it!

Cynthia said...

You must join Dawn, it is so much fun already and Tori I've already thought about leaving it in with the chickens or horses...but may do that last!

Mermaid I'm so curious about where in Sonora you were born. I love the Sea of Cortez and the feeling I get the second we cross the border, it's all about family.

B-- I'm just scared of posting my art...go figure

Alex did you find any 'different' ones, stickers that is? ...they all started looking the same! I'm happy you enjoyed the music.

blessings
:)C

Rachel said...

Breaking the spine on the first day? That freaks me out. I'm going to have to work up to that one. :)

Pamela Sweet said...

Hey, I like your attitude! Thanks for stopping by my site and encouraging me. :) I like that started on whatever page you wanted to!

Lesley Myrick said...

Look at all those pretty stickers! I need to get going and make some more messes in mine. :)

Victoria Brouhard said...

Well I'm going to have to hang around here more often, in hopes that your rule-breaking-style will rub off on me a bit.

I'm a closeted rule-breaker, working on finding the courage to come out!

Nellie said...

I'm ready to break some rules too!

My mind is beginning to come alive and I can't wait to wreck, wreck, wreck! I think this is all I'll be able to think about for awhile!

Love meeting new bloggers and also love your music.

B:-0

Nellie said...

I'm ready to break some rules too!

My mind is beginning to come alive and I can't wait to wreck, wreck, wreck! I think this is all I'll be able to think about for awhile!

Love meeting new bloggers and also love your music.

B:-0

Janet said...

Hi! I'm the other desert rat! love your idea of frying an egg on it! we could cerainly try it. it would make a meck of a hess! wreck on!

Vee said...

Fun, fun, fun! You're wrecking, breaking rules, and making it a family event! How awesome is that?!

P.S. Thanks for loaning the sledge hammer!

Jamie Ridler said...

Sweet! Your rulebreaker energy is just busting off the page. Hmm... I wonder what's in this book that will stretch you the most?

l said...

Cynthia!

I have been looking for different stickers, it's forcing me to buy non-local fruits, but I just buy 1..on a positive note, I am trying different fruit :) Have a peak in the "exotic" fruit section, you might like some there.

Genie Sea said...

LOL! I am so planning on breaking the rules even of this book. Like maybe eating red candy instead of blue!

This is going to bring out the delicious rebel in all of us, as we all drive past the school gates on our way to the zoo! :)

Melanie Margaret said...

love the stickers!

Lisa said...

I knew I loved you, but when I read that you drove past the school and onto the zoo, it was sealed and certain!

I saw you comment above you're afraid of posting your art. Really? You have your gorgeous soul collages on display for us, and I enjoy them everytime I come by.

I haven't been online much lately because it's so nice out... so I didn't see your post about awards. Thank you so much, and congrats on receiving too.

Then scrolled down to the chicken post. And rooster. Miss Prissy is so gorgeous, like the poodle of the chicken world.

Ok, that's a hella long comment!
xo

Tabitha the KnittingJourneyman said...

I just LOVE your enthusiasm !!

Bakergirl said...

I was all psyched because I have that same sunkist sticker stuck to my kitchen wall right now! (it got stuck to my shirt, and that was the closet thing to stick it to). I must say I was envious of your sons that they got to go to the zoo sometimes instead of school, that is awesome momness.

Looking forward to seeing what your journal looks like in the coming weeks, happy wrecking!

nadia said...

your rule breaking is so inspiring. I wish I had driven past my son's school a few times...no biggie! I will begin to break more rules from this day forward. this book will help as will your inspiration. ciao!

SilenceBetweenTheWords said...

Hahaha. Look at you! You are starting a rule breaking riot!

Hey lady, I love, love, love you!

:)

Cynthia said...

Big Smiles!! This is awesome!

Want to clarify -- a little -- I knew my sons schedules backwards and forwards, and the teachers pretty well -- never drove past the school on a test day -- and the next day after school, I would stay with them till we got all caught up with homework, together. :)

Melita said...

can't wait to see how you "wreck" :)

Barbara Martin (@Reptitude) said...

That page is hilarious. And still pretty empty. So far I have a lonely little "eggplant" sticker there. For years I collected fruitstickers in a random way, sticking them on the side of the microwave. Then the micro died and out they went. If only I'd known there was a sticker album page just for them!!! LOL Wonder what other stickers/labels/tags I could put there? I'm already cheating with the stamps page because well email doesnt have stamps! ;) Wreck on!!!

Patti H said...

LOL you have to go and burn something!!!