Tuesday, June 2, 2009
Introducing Foghorn J. Leghorn
Okay amazing! I hoped to get one when I picked out chicks and we did! I woke up at 5 this morning and the sunrise was an orange fire in the sky, so I grabbed my camera the cyber and the Minolta. The chickens are all and about, happy in the morning scratching, and lo and behold -- the sound of a young rooster. I just started laughing, OMG! We got one! I was suspicious a few weeks ago looking at the largest leghorn, but sometimes I've been wrong so I waited quietly... keeping an eye on those back feathers, the comb and the wattle... no spurs yet.
So I'm going to call her "Red."
Stalag 13 -- Well here's the Silkie, dubbed Miss Prissy and on the other side the old ladies-- they started pecking on eggs and had to go to the goat pen. Don't feel too bad for them, they get our scraps. mmm yummy. The speckled ones are Barred Rocks.
Family Photo - Miss Prissy is behind the post. She runs every time I pull out the camera.
Towards the back are the three Golden Buffs. The colorful ones in front: A Golden Sex-Link pullet -- this is supposed to be a cross between a Rhode Island Red and a Rhode Island White
I had a GREAT Morning! Almost forgot about wearing my shirt inside out yesterday, and not noticing, for a long time while in the grocery store ! LOL
Have any great names for the other chicks? Love to hear them!
Smiles
Cyn
Posted by
Cynthia
at
6:55 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





5 comments:
no ideas for names just now but will think on it....loved the pics tho! ;)
I want chickens.... I'm definitely having chickens at some point in my life. Hopefully along with a bunch of other farm animals. ;)
Congrats on getting a rooster. Foghorn Leghorn cartoons were so fun to watch!
I miss having chickens. Thank you for sharing yours.
You've received a blog award... http://coltpixy.com/2009/06/one-lovely-blog-award.html
I have zero grid for chicken stuff... BUT, i sooo love the pics!
I will live my chicken-y desires thru you! :D
i just want to say that I was born in the Sonora desert in Mexico.
I love these pictures!
I love ranches and farms!
Post a Comment